Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I have a 80 inch vizio and I use my laptop to download

Customer Question

I have a 80 inch vizio and I use my laptop to download videos to pdf and then with HD cable watch them on the TV but lately I have getting red and green wavy ghost lines more and more . What can be the problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-If you connect something to this tv with a normal length 6ft connection cable, does the picture look normal?

-If you bring up the tv menu using the Vizio remote, is that menu clear or does it also show these wavy ghost lines?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the same thing happens with a 6ft ,4ft any size cable and when I use my roko I still get the same red and green wavy lines. No the menu screen is ok.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

If you are 100% sure the menu screen is not affected then this is likely a failure with the Main board in the tv and the board will have to be replaced.

There is a small possibility of a "ground loop" issue. You can try plugging the tv into an extension cord from way across the house (different breaker than it's on currently). But I doubt it will be this.

If you want more details, I suggest you reply with the full model number of the tv, purchase date, and if you want to attempt to work on the tv yourself...

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Let me know if I can help you further and before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will try that but my lunch time is over have to go back to work . ThanKS for your time
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

You're welcome.

Please show your appreciation by submitting a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page.