Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I just replaced the lamp and now I cannot get the TV to

Customer Question

I just replaced the lamp and now I cannot get the TV to actually come on and stay on
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. What is the model number off of the back of the TV?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry, but all that's posted here is that you replaced the lamp- but there is nothing posted about what TV you replaced the lamp in.

Also, where did you purchase this replacement lamp from and for how much roughly?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Model number 60v500a. And I bought the replacement lamp that you folks recommended to me two days ago
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I didn't recommend anything personally, and we're not experts working together in a common office- we're all independent techs, so I have no idea what lamp you purchased. Please elaborate on:

1) Source

2) Price

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

No I can't take a phone call- sorry. The site sends that offer to you automatically- it's not anything I have any control over.

I didn't recommend anything personally, and we're not experts working together in a common office- we're all independent techs, so I have no idea what lamp you purchased. Please elaborate on: 1) Source2) Price Please simply reply back to the info requested here to proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Lamp source $79.00. HitschiUX21511 v lamp
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Okay, how long is the set staying on for with this lamp, and what were the symptoms you had with the old lamp?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out of the question at this point. It is now open for other experts to view and assist.

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

Hello

I am a different expert here my name is Anthony

If you could just explain what was the symptoms of the fault with the old lamp please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Last week the TV turned itself off and went black. I worked with one of your other text and we diagnose the lamp as being burned out. He recommended where to send for a lamp which I've mentioned earlier in this post and said I could put it in myself. It came yesterday we tried putting it in. We tried turning the TV set on the blue light comes on for power and then goes right off again. We unplugged and plugged back in again same thing happened blue light came on for power and then went right off again.