Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

My acquos will not give me ay sound, 2 days, hmmm only

Customer Question

my acquos will not give me ay sound
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 2 days
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: hmmm only rudimentary things. when you crank it up very very loud you can hear buzzing]\
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I think thre is a hidden mute button somewhere
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
cable box is onlly device
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is just a simple setting of some kind.. when I "Cast" from my computer to teh telvision I get sound
bu on normal cabel veweing I get no sound/
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the info, since you get sound from TV when send file from computer that means TV itself is fine and problem definitely coming from connected cable box that should be rebooted to resolve the issue.

Please unplug cable box power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and let it reboot that may take few minutes to finish and check sound output.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

If sound problem still persist after rebooting cable box then you would need to call cable company to replace the cable box due to hardware failure in box, your TV seems just fine and has no issue with sound circuit. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok stand bye
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

OK, fingers crossed~

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
really bro. the best you can do is "restart your computer?" dude
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Do you get cable channel sound in TV?

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?