Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I have a Sony xbr65X950B television that will not turn on,

Customer Question

I have a Sony xbr65X950B television that will not turn on, it blinks twice every three seconds and I've disconnected power for 2 minutes and tried it again. What should I do now?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Was there any thunderstorm in area that might have caused this problem in TV?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we are having a lot of thunderstorms right now
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

2 times flashing power indicator light indicates problem with main power supply section and you would need to replace power supply board in TV to resolve the problem. Please click following link to view power supply board image and part number info to search/ google it to get price info if you have plan to do-it-yourself..

Power supply boards are mentioned as G3 and G4 board, it needs to verify what board is installed in your TV to search it. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hi Gerald, do you need any further assistance with this question?