Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Pearl it is a 65" mounted on my wall cannot get to

Customer Question

Pearl it is a 65" mounted on my wall cannot get to Model or Serial number at the present time about a year old I have a wonderful picture but sound just stopped. I have sound when I put in a movie on DVD but flip back to tv nothing
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: The TV is a LG Iam at work no model or serial number here at office. neve4r had this issue before no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The TV is hooked up to Direct TV so just normal on / off button I really do not know what to do!
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Should I wait until I get home or get instructions now?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

It seems Direct TV box isn't sending out sound signals to TV due to some reason that is why you wont get sound when watch TV channel, TV itself seems fine because it gives sound when playback DVD. Rebooting the Directv TV box will help to resolve the sound problem.

- Have you tried to unplug Direct TV box power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Phone call assistance would cost you additional $26, I'm sending premium service offer for phone call as you requested, feel free to ignore if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat format.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Not sure why you're not replying.