Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a WD-82737, it is shutting off and give a steady

Customer Question

I have a WD-82737, it is shutting off and give a steady blinking red light. you have to disconnect power to get the red light to stop flashing. it will turn back on and play from anywhere of 1 min to over an hour and than it shuts off giving the steady red blinking light. what could this be?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

You cannot rule out the lamp just because "it has picture/sound when it is on". When was the lamp last replaced? Did YOU replace it or a repair shop? If you did, exactly where did you get that lamp and how much did it cost?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Also, the front of the tv has 3 LED's:

Exactly which LED is blinking when the tv shuts off?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?