Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have sound no picture.on light will turn when operating when

Customer Question

have sound no picture.on light will turn green when operating when i turn tv off light turns red, usually disappears when i turn off. tv is a mitsubishi 73 inch high definition flat screen.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. The set powering up with sound and no picture, then the light turning RED and shutting down indicates your lamp has failed in the set and needs to be replaced. This is perfectly normal as the lamp is a consumable component that is designed to last a finite amount of time and then need replacement.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If you have not replaced the Lamp recently, or if you're using the low cost ($30-$50) Amazon or Pure Glare lamps (which last a very short period of time), then what you will need to do is purchase the OEM Osram Lamp for your set at the link below and replace the current lamp with it:

http://www.purelandsupply.com/wd73738-mitsubishi-dlp-tv-bulbs.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw-_e7BRDs97mdpJzXwh0SJABSdUH0araOMsMLrk6sz7dcOzpOMub-zkUZqtHkYhjNMJ6e8RoCUbrw_wcB

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Instructions for replacing the lamp are on page 27 of your TV's Owner's Manual (at the link below for download):

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/pdf/38om.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Again these symptoms are all perfectly normal and directly point to the lamp needing to be replaced.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.