Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Sony Bravia is hooked up to a Yammaha audio reciever and

Customer Question

My Sony Bravia is hooked up to a Yammaha audio reciever and a ps4 and Direct tv.. The apps on the Sony work netflix( HDMI 3) works but no picture from direc tv on (HDMI 1) is showing . The screen says no signal. I can hear it. Im thinking someone messed around with the Direct Tv remote
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sony is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I don not have the model # ***** now the Tv is about 3 years old.. Its 3d 4k model
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: rebooted the direct tv box. unplugged everything
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: not at this time thank you Pearl
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Please elaborate. Do all sources run through the Yamaha with HDMI and then one single HDMI cable runs out to the Sony TV?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Okay, so when you say DirecTv on "HDMI 1" and Netflix on "HDMI 3" you're referring to switching these ports on the Yamaha, correct?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

In other words, what device is changing Inputs (from HDMI 1 to 3), the TV or the Yamaha?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Im sorry the Ps4 is connected to HDMI port 3 Direct tv and all apps show on HDMI port 1. I can only hear the Direc Tv nothing is on the screen except a no signal message. I havent changed any inputs
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

You're not understanding what I'm asking unfortunately. I don't know how else to ask it, so I will have to opt out and open up the question to other experts. Someone else should be along shortly.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ohh I got it ....I think someome might haved changed the input on the direct tv via the remote
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. I have a different approach... Is your DirecTV box connected with a cable to your TV or to your Yamaha? Please don't say both, this is very important.