Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My samsung led 60 television sometimes turns off and then

Customer Question

my samsung led 60 television sometimes turns off and then back on. what's going on?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number of the TV found on the back of the set?

In addition how old is the set please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
PS 13N64-02263F-00 It is approximately 3 years old
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
did you get my info? was it helpful? This was the only number I could find.

No that looks like it may be the serial number, its the model number I need thanks sorry for the hassle

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Where on the back is it?

Also if the set is a 60 inch that number will be in it like LN60A56B for example

OK if you cant get the model number you are absolutely sure the set is an LCD\LED?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Found it! UN60F6300AFXZA version IS02
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
UN60F6300AFXZA version IS02 Is the correct thing? It said model number right next to it.

OK thanks

OK what is important here so we don't bark up the wrong tree is to understand that it IS the TV switching off and you are not simply losing the signal (screen will go black sound will go off) so the way to do that is to first monitor the power-light of the TV itself does it change color or blink or does it simply go off?OR does it stay in the ON mode and the pic and sound goes off with the power-light in normal ON mode?

Let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No it goes off. Then when the television comes back, it is as though I had just turned it on.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It can play for hours before it does any of this stuff.

So just to clarify the power-light itself goes off?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

OK please just give me a couple mins

OK the most likely cause of this is corrupt\glitched firmware there is an upgrade here <<click

Go half way down the page, please initially check if the firmware is the same version if it is do not go any further as the set wont accept the same version if you down load it so let me know.

If you do not understand let me know

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The downloaded file will not open.

OK did you check the version of firmware is not the same as the version already running the set ? so the version at samsung is version 2214.0 you will need to go into the settings of the TV to make sure you have not already got this version as you may have particularly if the set is connected to the internet

Let me know

Anthony

How is this working out please?

Anthony