Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have an RCA flat screen TV that my husband and I bought 3

Customer Question

I have an RCA flat screen TV that my husband and I bought 3 years ago. My husband is now dead and the TV will not turn on at all. No picture, sound or nothing. I had my cable provider out here today and Comcast said all the wiring was in order but the TV was getting no signal.
I work full time and my grandson who has mental disabilities relies on the TV for his special classes which will begin shortly. I am still paying off my husband's cremation and hospital bills and can ill afford to purchase another TV.
I need someone to help me! I tried getting an instruction manual on line because I don't know what my husband did with the one that came with the TV. My husband had dementia but we didn't realize that he put things away without telling anyone.
I am stuck. Any help that you or RCA can give me will be deeply appreciated. Thanks
Patti Pawlisz
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does the TV turn On and show some thing on screen?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No........Nothing!
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately it is main board failure in TV causing the problem and you would need to replace main board inside TV to get it working again, I'm sorry for this news but it is not any reset or wrong setting issue but definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to fix the problem.

Please check with following board supplier to get replacement main board for this TV for $50 if you have plan to do-it-yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=LED40HG45RQ

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No to everything you have proposed. I work for a major electrical distributor and may be able to get some help from one of my contacts there. I'm not going to spend any more money for someone or something that can't help me fix this TV. I will not purchase another RCA product because I feel that their quality has gone "to the dogs". So thanks for trying but my TV still doesn't work and my grandson may be the one who suffers until I can purchase a different brand that is reliable.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about your TV failure as electronic parts can fail and understand the frustration of broken TV. If your TV is under warranty then you can call the number written on warranty card to get it repaired that will not cost you any money.

There is no way to replace defective circuit board in TV from here over internet, it needs real hands on TV to replace the bad board. I gave you all the info to proceed like what is bad and where to get replacement main board. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.