Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My TV has images but the sound is bussing, Make is Aiwa and

Customer Question

My TV has images but the sound is bussing
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: Make is Aiwa and model is f2000 mts stereo. And no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Reseting the sound setting
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tv-F2000U
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for TV model number info.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My xbox 360
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, can you elaborate 'bussing sound' with bit more details?

Also, can you connect another video source such as DVD player to TV for sound check?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Bussing like a bee and yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, please try DVD player and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Same thing
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, please use another set of AV cable, if available, and make sure audio pins of AV cable are plugged securely and tight on correct Audio In jacks on TV.

If problem persist then unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check sound.

If problem still persist then pull the audio pins of AV cable coming from xbox/dvd player and check if bussing sound go away?

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Stills bussing
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

I gave you three suggestions in above reply, did you try all of them?

One suggestion needs leave TV unplugged for 10 minutes.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Doing the ten minutes not plugged in
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, tried new set of AV cable that didn't work, correct?
Replug TV power cord back in, turn it On and check sound.

If problem still persist then pull audio pins of AV cable from TV to see if buzz sound goes away?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The bussing is still there
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, grab Aiwa TV remote and push Surround button to turn it Off, also push BBE button to turn it Off as well to see if sound gets better?

If it doesn't fix the issue then I'm sorry it would be sound processor chip problem which is mounted on main board of TV and should be replaced to resolve the problem, this kind of work needs good soldering work with proper tools and expertise if required sound processor chip is still available with suppliers.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective sound processor chip replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have no remote
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

TV doesn't have those buttons on lower front, I'm sorry for that. Required Aiwa TV remote control is available at following supplier..

https://www.amazon.com/Aiwa-RC-ZVT24-TV-F2000U-TV-F2400U-U0057597U/dp/B00FY0QK6O

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

And you can download TV user manual copy for detailed operating instructions from following link..

https://docs.sony.com/release/TVF2400.pdf

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you fix the sound process or chip
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Electronic chip (IC) can't be fixed and must be replaced when go bad, please check with local TV repair shops to get more info as I gave you link to locate TV repair shops in your area and the link is here again..

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?
Thanks.