Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Have a Mitsubshi DLP rear projection gh def TV. The picture

Customer Question

Hi have a Mitsubshi DLP rear projection high def TV. The picture keeps blinking in and out. It keeps giving the message: "for this input, only TV speakers can be heard". It did this two days ago and we unplugged everything and it rebooted and was fine. Now I keep having to reboot. I can turn on the TV with the TV remote but it won't turn off without us replugging from the back.
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: Mitsubshi WD-65837
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am using the Mitsubshi remote, I have a Yamaha reciever and the Verizon Fios box. Turning on the TV from the Verizon remote no longer works
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: We replaced the bulb for the TV about 1 yr ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Does this happen on all inputs/sources? (fios, dvd, game, apps, etc)
Can you see the mitsu menu screens?
Can you tell me exactly how the fios box, yamaha, and tv are all connected?

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.