Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

I have a Sanyo tv model FVD48P4. The screen went black today

Customer Question

I have a Sanyo tv model FVD48P4. The screen went black today while my son was watching it. As I was messing with it to see what was wrong, it initially had sound. In the process of pushing remote buttons, unplugging, etc. The sound is no longer there. When I turn the room lights off, I can see a faint menu screen asking for language (I assume it is asking for language because of the pressing of the menu button). It is not visible unless you look really close.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sanyo is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Roughly 2 years
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have unplugged everything and plugged it back in. I switched hdmi ports to check for cable, wiiu, dvd, etc. I tried to get different things like wiiu and dvd to show a screen, but those are hdmi and I cannot set the input as the screen is black. I tried getting a menu. Nothing, just a faint menu when you look really close at the screen. The green power light does come on, as well as the lg soundboard that is hooked up. No sound comes out anymore.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 3 months ago.

The back-lights that illuminate the pixels are out on the set due to a fault probably with the power-board, are you able to do work yourself with the set?ultimately it may mean replacing a board, I will provide all the support you need for that, let me know please

If that is not within your comfort will locate a tech in your area

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I feel that I can do the work myself. How much is this likely going to cost me for parts? What parts do I need, etc?

Could you please just re-check that model number best done by looking at the back of the set?and also how old is the set please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The brand is SANYO. The model number is ***** and it is roughly 2 years old.

OK you will need to get the back off the set,trace the power-cord to the powerboard and on the board will be a part-number either etched on the board or on a sticky label on the board, because its so new its not in the system for parts as yet so please post the part-number back here thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, I will do that later this evening after the kids are in bed. I will respond in the morning. It is my understanding that this thread will be open for 30 days at no additional charge. Is that correct?
Thank you for youryour help,

Yes it is let me know the part-number first and we will move on from there thanks