Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a an element tv. I purchased it about 3 years ago.

Customer Question

Hello Pearl,
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I have a an element tv. I purchased it about 3 years ago. Since Friday night. The tv was and working than someone turned the volume down all the way. Since then the sound isn't working. I've disconnected the power to the tv and cable box , as well the coax cable from the cable box to the tv. Thank you, George
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: It's model number ELEFW328. It stopped working last Friday night.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I disconnected the power to the TV & Cable box. I also disconnected the coax cable
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That's the only issue right now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you try another input like a DVD player for example is their still no sound?

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't have a DVD or anything but the cable box connected to the tv.

Its the only way to prove if its the box or the TV you see, as we have more issues with sound from cable and satellite boxes I suggest you call out your provider who will swap the box, its about theonly thing you can do as this could very well be the box that is the trouble ,

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The sound works with a DVD.

Its a bad box then in that case OR the lead from the box to the TV replace it if its an HDMI lead before getting the box replaced. You will need to contact your provider

Let me know if you need more help

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I found the problem

What was the problem?

The leads?

So do you need any more help ?seemingly my help has "helped" you otherwise in the 30 mins since you asked the question you would likely still be there now with no sound do you think?

I would be grateful if you would rate the answer positive so I receive credit from the site thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please refund my money. I fixed the tv on my own.