Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

I have a tachi ultra vision 52" tv from 1999. The plexiglass

Customer Question

I have a hitachi ultra vision 52" tv from 1999. The plexiglass has been broken and I'd like to know if it can be replaced. The model number on the tv is 535BX59B V9F002193. There is a number on the plexiglass P#KR01233. AA 02876. DNP
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I sent that to you
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Did you read my message
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. Thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Hi i`m Jack an older tech. who has replaced quite a few of those lenticular panels and sorry to say but it will be next to impossible to find of those 3 layers (usually) , the re is the protective glass then the fresnel and finally the lenticular which is somewhat like a big magnifying glass (lenticular) in those

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

best thing you could do with this tv really is a target practice box