Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I'VE GOT AN OLDER 52" PIONEER PLASMA THAT WON'T

Customer Question

I'VE GOT AN OLDER 52" PIONEER PLASMA THAT WON'T TURN ON NOW. THE GREEN LIGHT COMES ON AND THEN GOES TO A FLASHING RED WITHIN A SECOND OR TWO. THE BOX (PDP-03U) DOES HAVE A GREEN LIGHT. I'VE TURNED EVERYTHING ON AND OFF AND UNPLUGGED THE TV BUT IT STILL CLICKS OVER TO A FLASHING RED.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: THE TV IS AT AROUND 15 YEARS OLD AND I COULDN'T FIND A MODEL NUMBER ON THE FRONT. IT IS HANGING ON A WALL IN A BRACKET AND I WAS UNABLE TO LOOK ON THE BACKSIDE FOR ANY INFO AT THIS TIME.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: UNPLUGGING AND TURNING EVERYTHING ON AND OFF REPEATEDLY
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: NOT THAT I CAN THINK OF
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems.

The model number is ***** the back of the set, and we need that to sort this.

Also the blinking red light is an "Error code" and we need the specific blink pattern (for example: 8 blinks, pause, 8 blinks, pause, etc.).

The blink code and model number will allow me to directly look up the exact problem the TV is having at this point.

NOTE: I did just see that the TV is hanging on the wall, so please proceed with letting me know the blink pattern and if it's the Standby or the ON light that is blinking please.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No thank you. No help needed at this time. Please disregard my inquiry and don't bill me any charges. Thank you
I will get the pattern and get back to you when I get the tv off the wall
Thanks for the response. 👍
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I will need to opt out at this time. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you very much. I appreciate the help and fast response. This seems like a great way to get answers and I'm sure I will reach out in the future if I need any more help. Thanks again