Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a JVC DLA RS45U projector. It started to turn off

Customer Question

Hi. I have a JVC DLA RS45U projector. It started to turn off with message that some electrical shock might have occurred. Then is simply didn't want to turn on. Brought it to the repair shop and they told me to buy a new bulb. Did that and not the projector turns on but now I only get lines, no menu just straight lines with colors. When I put the old bulb in again then projector doesn't start, only gives error signals. Talked to someone who knows a bit about projectors, he thought this might be the "chip" gone bad... Any idea?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your JVC is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I believe it's 2012 model and is DLA-RS45U.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only thing I have done is to clean the filters and then change the bulb. I can not see anything on the screen so no functions via the unit are possible
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No this is it, would highly appreciate if you can connect
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I attach a picture of what the projector comes up with with the new bulb.
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and as this would be an internal hardware issue, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?