Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a sony bravia kdl-40v2500 tv. When i came home from

Customer Question

I have a sony bravia kdl-40v2500 tv. When i came home from work, i turned on the cable box and tv. The tv turned on for a few seconds and then the tv screen went black and the standby has a red set of 4 blinking lights.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sony is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2007. The model is KDL-40V2500
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplugging the tv from the power strip and plugging it back in.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. Thank you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 3 months ago.

Have you had any prior issues of the set going black sound staying ON or pic going black and sound going off set shuts down to this blinking?

Just to clarify I am at present asking for information about the fault so I can better make an assessment of what the problem is thanks, ***** ***** don't understand what I mean please please just say thank you