Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sony KDL55W802A LCD TV. In abut 2 hrs or more

Customer Question

I have a Sony KDL55W802A LCD TV. In abut 2 hrs or more (after setting a day) the screen blacks out (sound is good). Faint silhouette of the picture appears with the shine of a flashlight on the screen. No back lights. Turn off the TV and right back on, picture is back for 10 to 15 minutes each time. Sounds like an over heating sensor???
I replaced the T-com board - no fix, then the main board - no fix. Now i am planning on replacing the power board.
Any idea how to fix this TV.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does the TV stay On with black screen and sound and doesn't switch Off?

Thanks.