Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

There was a power outage and now my Vizio model XVT3D474SV

Customer Question

Hello Pearl. My name is***** was a power outage and now my Vizio model XVT3D474SV only displays the Vizio logo. This has happened before and you folks had a process involving unplugging the unit and holding the power button or something like that. Can you provide the complete process.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Vizio model XVT3D474SV 5 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: only unplugging / plugging
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Hi Julius , I`m Jack

You could give a try to a reboot although I would not hold my breath on this one if this happened in a power blackout

Here it is ; Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

Let me know how that goes

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

As I don't expect much out of this I will give you an idea of what you are looking at.
Right now you are more than likely looking at a main board problem part # *****

If you are into this you can get that board at the link below or use that part number to do your own shopping

http://hdtvboards.com/content/main-board-3647-0342-0395r-vizio-tv-xvt3d474sv-3647-0342-0150-3647-0342-0395

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Any questions on this Julius ?

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , that rating gets me paid for my time.
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thanks for understanding .