Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Was watching tv and picture blacked out but sound was still

Customer Question

Was watching tv and picture blacked out but sound was still there but now can't get either. When i turn it on the hisence screen appears but goes black
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: Never had any problems until about 3 months ago seems like it was a short in the cord. Modle j114709
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplugging and disconnect from cable box to see if works tv only
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you please recheck that model number (it is not valid)?

Can you get anything from any source/input (cable, dvd, etc)?
Can you see the tvs own menu screens at all?

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need help with this?