Jason Jones, Customer Service
Experience:  Several years of troubleshooting.
30759776

I purchased a 2016 Newest Samsung Smart Blu-ray Disc Player

Customer Question

I purchased a 2016 Newest Samsung Smart Blu-ray Disc Player USB Built-in Wi-Fi 1080P Full HD 1920x1080 Upscale Anynet+ Remote model number 742832325592 from Amazon on 7th March 2016. Worked fine for 4 months now refuses to connect to my network. the problem is NOT my netwrok as I have connected another blu ray machine that works fine. There are also two other Samsung blu ray machines working in other parts of the house. What can I do to fix?
Steve
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Since it's only been 4 months, it's still under warranty. Let's see if we can fix it without sending it in. The first thing to do is unplug your player (power cord and HDMI only) and let it sit for one minute. Turn off your wireless network router for 30 seconds, and then turn it back on. This will reset the network, and will give you the best chance for success.

If it is still out, unplug one of the other players that are connected to the network, and restart your router again. Sometimes there is a limit as to how many devices can be connected to your network at any given time. Let me know how it works, and we'll go from there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Done all that already many times, should have mentioned.

Did you also unplug your other players to make sure they weren't connected to your network when you try to connect the problem player?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Took it out of service for about 4 days. Rebooted the access point more than once.

Yes, but more specifically, did you unplug your other players that are normally connected to the network? I need to make sure they are offline before I can give you an accurate answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Does not sound like you have an answer. It sems like a machine problem. Maybe Samsung has an on line fix.

I'm asking you specifically, and you're not giving me an answer. Either the problem is in the router (not accepting any more devices) or the network adapter in your player has gone out, and you'll need to send it in for warranty repair.

Please give me all the info I ask for, I need it for specific reasons.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As I explained I replaced the machine with another one which is working fine so the problem is not with the router. After three days I tried the problem machine again and it did not connect so I replaced it once more. The replacement worked fine. The problem is obviously with the unit. Actually all along in thought I was talking to the Samsung service centre who are telling me they think they can fix online. But I have not had a opportunity to sign back in. Rusty sadly you were no help
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 5 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I have been working with wireless networks for over 15 years. I have setup, configured, installed, and troubleshot literally thousands of networks. You can have a wireless access point that works for 10,000 other devices, but will not work for one. When this occurs, it is not so much a problem with the device or access point; more-so, it is an issue with configuration of the access point. For that reason, may I remote into your system and take a look at your network setup so that I can help?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Proceed!

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 57 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)