Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have 10 blinking lights, I'm not sure if it's the power

Customer Question

I have 10 blinking lights, I'm not sure if it's the power board to replace, mine is the vierra TC-P50G15,
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: For a long time, I just don't want to trash it I might be able to fix it
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'm looking for the fuse I can't find it. I'm sure thier is power in the chord going until the power board I tested it
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I just need info regarding the ten bling lights the tv is made 2009, thanks
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I did that that. It's vierra Panasonic TC-P50G15
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

10 blinks error code is bit complicated as several circuit boards in TV are involved and a proper troubleshooting process is needed to figure out bad board.

Suspected boards are SS, P, A, SC, SU, SD, K as one of them is defective, please reply back if you wish to troubleshoot the problem to proceed.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

What can possibly cause 10 blinks:

A. Missing/Shorted F_15V
B. Shorted Vsus volts.
C. Missing/Shorted SUB5V, SUB9V, BT30V.
D. IC1100, IC9003, IC9004
E. Unplugged SC20, SC2 of sustain boards.
F. Possibly SU and SD boards.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where is it likely to happen? Just short the trouble shoot
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, please unplug TV power cord, remove the back cover of TV and remove connectors SS11 and SS33 from the SS board. Plug in the TV and press the power switch.

Does the TV power up and stay on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's still blinking 10 times subsequently. I did disconnected ss11 and ss33
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, leave SS11 and SS33 unplugged. Remove connectors SC2, SC20 on the SC board. Then plug in the TV and press the power switch.

Does the number of blinks change?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Same it's still 10
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Unplug the TV and reconnect connectors SS11, SS33, SC2, and SC20.

Set your mutlimeter to DC Volt range to check 15V output at pin-7 of connector P6 of power supply board.

Plug in the TV and press the power switch. Is there 15V at pin 7 of connector P6 at the moment the relay clicks ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Relay clicks. 6.5 volts at pin7 on p6
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All pins are 6.5dcv
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

This is odd, have you touched meter black lead to metal frame of TV for ground and use red lead to measure volts?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no output touching the tv frame, but if I touch it to the brown wire from 120vac thier is 6.5v reading
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

No, please Do Not use brown wire of 120V AC input as reference.

Use metal frame of TV for ground and touch meter black lead there, set the meter to DC Volt range, use red lead to touch pin-7 of P6 connector to check 15V as the reading may appear on meter for a second or two when you hear relay click sound.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Also, at this test, there is no connector that is left unplugged, nor the P6 connector so make sure all connectors are plugged securely and tight that were removed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's what I did. After the click but no reading and yes the meter is in dcv at 15dcv range
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, so no output of 15V that means Power Supply board is defective and should be replaced in TV to resolve the problem.

You would need to confirm the part number printed on power supply board as it would be ETX2MM747AFK or some thing similar, use that part number to search/ google to get price info to order the power supply board. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, thank you for the guidance, I'll rate you after I'll change the power board . Thank you again. Have good day!
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, no problem, take your time and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It did not work I replaced the board
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Sorry to hear that. Do you get 15V at power supply board that we were checking?

Also did the board come from reputable source?

Thanks.