littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.

I have a VSX-60 Elite not working but displays "Power On"

Customer Question

I have a VSX-60 Elite not working but displays "Power On" but has no audio, no video and the remote will not work with receiver? Interesting if I hold power for 11 seconds it will turn off and I can turn unit on with the remote, but that is it, nothing else, zip.
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Sorry to hear you're having trouble, it seems like your software has gotten corrupt, so it cannot fully boot up. Let's try to force it. Holding the power button is a soft reset, we're going to do a full factory reset. If this doesn't work, we'll have to have you send it in to get the memory flashed.

After holding the power button to force it off, hold the enter button, and press the power button. Use the arrow buttons to highlight RESET YES and press Enter.

That will reset it as best as it can. If that doesn't do the trick, it will need to go in to have the system flashed. Click here to find your nearest service center.