Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

How do I connect my 27" monitor to cable tv. I have the

Customer Question

How do I connect my 27" monitor to cable tv. I have the cable box connected but don't have a manual for on screen change . Used as monitor want to use as tv?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-What is the model number of the 27" monitor?

-What is the model number of the cable box?

-What type of connection did you use between the box and the monitor?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
LT27HVX lad multi media display
Xfinity Comsat s/ntm8333103464
HDMI Bellini connection
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

sorry, I stepped out for a minute... back now

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

your monitor does not have HDMI...

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

You will need to use a converter box that goes between the cable box hdmi and the monitor. Here is one example of the converter box:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F6URXYY

Let me know how else I can help and before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Mike , can I just connect the my cable box to the monitor they both have a coaxial connection. I don't know how to change to tv from video on screen
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

ok, but coax connection will be LOW quality audio/video. Using an hdmi to Component converter will be HIGH quality (HD) audio/video.

If you use coax, you have to get the monitor on the TV / Tuner input using the SOURCE button AND do a channel scan, then set it to CH 3/4. You need the remote for all this. See page 35 of user manual:

http://www.manualslib.com/download/360662/Olevia-Lt26hve.html

Whereas if you use Component video, all you need to do is press the SOURCE button on the front of the monitor and choose component.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?