Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Samsung 60" TV that started loosing picture. Unplug and

Customer Question

Samsung 60" TV that started loosing picture. Unplug and replug in TV allowed it to reset. now that will not work. Light below the power button blinks but no picture
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the picture before?
Customer: PN60e530a3fx2a - Samsung Plasma. No other issues besides this one. it has been acting up for about the last month
JA: Huh?
Customer: that is the model number. 60" samsung plasma.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugging TV and plugging back in worked until yesterday
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no. thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Its picture AND sound you are losing please?power-light blinking ?

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
looks like it is both sound and picture but can't confirm. Boys lost the remote and we can't confirm which input it is on. light blinks and then goes off.

Yes it must be if light blinks, by far the most common issue for this type of intermittent failure is power-board trouble, namely bad capacitors on the board itself this would be the first thing to check , do you\someone you know think you can do this work yourself?I will be happy to help initially with the first check and any other work that may need to be done.

You have already thoughtfully done a reboot of the set so there is no need to pursue that angle.

If you do not feel comfortable doing work yourself with the set then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area.

I am sorry its nothing easier let me know please

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you for the help. I will find a repair person in my area. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't something simple that I was missing.

OK that's fine, if you change your mind or know of someone who can handle the work I will help thanks again.

Please remember to rate me before you go thank you this will allow me to receive credit from the site note the question remains open for 30 days thanks again

Anthony

Do you still need help with this please?

Anthony

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

Many Thanks

Anthony