Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

DENON MODEL AVR-791 Upon turning on the receiver, which is

Customer Question

Upon turning on the receiver, which is connected to the television /cable home theater system; the reciever's power indicator light immediately turns fron a green power on to a blinking red light, shutting down the reciever.
What can I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you tried to disconnect speaker wires from receiver, unplug receiver power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes, replug back in and turn it ON to see if ti stays On without speakers connected?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Disconnected speakers, unplugged power cord, replugged, turned reciever on with speakers disconnected, cable box rebooted, reciever stays on?
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

So AVR 791 receive is staying On now without speakers?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Speakers reconnected, all systems up,
Issued resulted from a Zone 2 not being turned off. Once I turned off Zone 2 which was connected to outdoor speakers system the issue resolved itself .Thank you, ***** ***** out the ticket
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

OK, glad to know problem is resolved.