Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My LG Tv model is 47LW6500 has stopped working after we

Customer Question

My LG Tv model is 47LW6500 has stopped working after we played our daughters wedding photos. The lights turn on which switched and series of lights comeup at the bottom and after that nothing. the screen is black , no audio no video.
Can you please help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried unplugging the LG 47LW6500 for an extended period of time? ...an hour or preferably more? This is to simulate a soft reset.

And then try plugging back in using another outlet.

Would there be a sequence / pattern to the "...series of lights comeup at the bottom..."

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Louie,
To your question
"Initially, have you tried unplugging the LG 47LW6500 for an extended period of time? ...an hour or preferably more? This is to simulate a soft reset.And then try plugging back in using another outlet." I haven't tried on another outlet because the outlet is alos connected with other items and they are all functioning. Otherwise, I ahve plugged out and/switched off for a whole day and switched on again.
About your question of " Would there be a sequence / pattern to the "...series of lights comeup at the bottom..."" , There is no pattern it just the way it lights up in the order of right to left.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Louie,Another question, Am I going to be charged $39 every month. I am not a tv techician and I don't want that happen.
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues.

On the "...charged $39 every month..." and other billing & payment concerns, contact Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions. Please click HERE.

Still and if all external factors have been checked and ruled out, then the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue. More particularly, potential suspects after a review of the Service Manual are:

• • firmware glitch (least likely);
  • • failed power supply board (likely);
  • • faulty main board (most likely).

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Louie,
I have sent an email requesting for refund and I do not want to go furhter.Anyway, thanks for your help.Kind Regards
Customer
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

I understand and appreciate the update.