Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I get a picture few seconds and then a blank screen. Sound

Customer Question

I get a picture for a few seconds and then a blank screen. Sound still there but no picture
JA: TV is better than ever... just as long as it works right. ;-) Do you know the make and model?
Customer: RCA 32 inch
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplug turn back on
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No just sound no picture
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the RCA TV.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
L32HD32D
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Is the "...blank screen..." blue, black or white?

Consider an experiment (if have not been done). Power on the TV and set to a program/channel. If at all possible, darken the room where the TV is. Wait for about 5 minutes or more and until "...blank screen...". Shine a flashlight at an angle (not directly) and nearly but not touching the screen where the volume level / menu display is usually seen.

Press the VOL UP/DOWN or MENU button and note if a dark/ghostly image of the volume level or MENU could be seen.

Please postback results.

The above is a test to determine if it is a backlighting issue.