Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I get a picture few seconds and then a blank screen. Sound

Customer Question

I get a picture for a few seconds and then a blank screen. Sound still there but no picture
JA: TV is better than ever... just as long as it works right. ;-) Do you know the make and model?
Customer: RCA 32 inch
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplug turn back on
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No just sound no picture
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the RCA TV.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
L32HD32D
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Is the "...blank screen..." blue, black or white?

Consider an experiment (if have not been done). Power on the TV and set to a program/channel. If at all possible, darken the room where the TV is. Wait for about 5 minutes or more and until "...blank screen...". Shine a flashlight at an angle (not directly) and nearly but not touching the screen where the volume level / menu display is usually seen.

Press the VOL UP/DOWN or MENU button and note if a dark/ghostly image of the volume level or MENU could be seen.

Please postback results.

The above is a test to determine if it is a backlighting issue.