Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Somehow the correct "Cable Channel 3" option on the "Input"

Customer Question

somehow the correct "Cable Channel 3" option on the "Input" button has disappeared...I still have the DVD and the incorrect "Cable Channel 120". How do I get the Channel 3 option back? The Cable Channel 120 is snowed out. Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Is the cable box hooked into HDMI input of TV or into Antenna input?

- What button on Vizio remote you usually push to get cable channel on TV?

This info will help to assist you further.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Input button. There has always been a "channel" 3 option - it is no longer there.
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

OK, is it possible for you to find connection cable at rear of cable box and follow it to see where it plugs into TV?

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Also, check the label of jack/port of cable box where that connecting cable hooked into. I hope it would be HDMI Out at rear of cable box.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Everything seems to be plugged in correctly & tight
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

I understand, all I need to know is how the cable box hooked to TV and identifying the connection cord will help me to assist you properly, since I can't see that from here so have to ask you to please check.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Cable comes from the wall goes to a splitter that goes to cable box and to the tv. Nothing has changed with connections-
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

OK - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** back with the result.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I fixed it on my own- FYI it was a channel scan under the "tuner" options in settings that corrected it.
Maybe that can help you in the future. Since I did it on my own how much will I be charged?
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Nice, sounds good the problem is resolved and it seems you're using old version cable box that output plugs into Antenna input of TV that I was asking before but couldn't get that info.

Please contact customer service at give link/ number for any billing query as I have no info about such matters.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Call USA:(###) ###-####br />United Kingdom - 0***-***-****
Ireland - 1800-760-906

Thanks.