Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Yea, i need to if its feasible to replace the DLP chip, my

Customer Question

yea, i need to if its feasible to replace the DLP chip , my tv was made in 2008
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: ok, i get info
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: its has the white dots, and its getting worse
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no, let me get model and serial number , give me 2min
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

Yes, if you have mechanical skills with tiny components/chips/boards/etc... then you can replace the DLP Chip which costs about $200. Once you provide a model number I can give you more details like source to buy the chip and possibly instructional videos.

Let me know and before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?