Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

My tv wont show anything on screen, Panasonic Tcp50s30 maybe

Customer Question

My tv wont show anything on screen
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Panasonic Tcp50s30 maybe a year or 2
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried unplugging it, wait a few plug, plugged in different outlits,
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nothing at all pops up just the power light goes on but no.sound nothing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , a TV/AUDIO repairman with 40 years experience.
Perhaps i can help you with this , let me know when you are ready to proceed please .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Is the light blinking at the front ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When inplugged it in and tried turning it on the red power light went on now no light
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

So basically there is no activity and is completely dead ?

No clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?

Did it quit while watching it or simply would not come on today ?
Any electrical storm or power blackout in your area prior to this ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When i first plugged it in and turned it on it went on but now there is no power light, no storms etc and simply wont turn on
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

O.k then usually those panasonic have a pretty self diagnostic system with a blink code of the power light but without it and from your description i would say that your power board gave up the ghost so to speak

I don`t know if you had in mind to look into repairing this yourself but if you`ll give me a few minutes , i will get you the details for a "do it yourself " or shop type of repair .

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

This power board part # ***** (MPF6904A) sells for around $70 depending on where you buy it , let me know and i`ll find it for you if you have in mind to replace it yourself but i must say that this board`s voltages will need to be adjusted once replaced and you will need a voltmeter for this.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you