Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I'm working on an AKAI PDP4206EM Plasma TV, it comes on

Customer Question

I'm working on an AKAI PDP4206EM Plasma TV, it comes on and shows a picture that looks like an X-ray; see attached photos. The power supply puts out Va of 60.3 and Vs of 186.9. The Z-sustain receives Va of 60.3 and Vs 186.9 but does not get warm on the heatsink. The Y-sustain heat sink does get warm.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Its classic Z sus failure you will need to get the part-number from the board itself and initially try www.shopjimmy.com <<click, if they do not have the board google the part-number only

Let me know if you need more help, please note there is no component level repairs for 90% of issues on flat panel TV of any format they dont lend themselves for component repair

Let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I tried a different Z-sustain but the tv won't even come on with the "new" one, evidently the "new" part is bad. Do you agree?

Was it exactly the same issue with the replacement ?please indicate everything you have done to eliminate this otherwise I just go over old ground

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The "new" heatsink was still cool to the touch and the tv would not turn on; that's all I have tried.

Yes but is it the same issue as before?so its exactly the same with the old board and the new board you get a horrible pic?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I get no pic with the "new" board, the tv won't power on...it will only power on and show a picture with the "original" board.

The boards are not new they are pulled from scrap sets to keep the costs down, yes that replacement board is bad please send it back use shopjimmy if you can, otherwise you would have exactly the same issues as before if it was something else please make sure you order by partnumber only as their may be variants that look exactly the sme but wont work

Anthony

PS please remember the rating, this will stay open for 30 days

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you Anthony, I will try a different board. I meant "new" in the sense that it is not the board that was in the tv when I opened it. The part numbers are the same on both boards.

Yes its definitely bad as I say otherwise if it was good and something else was wrong (which I very much doubt) you would have the same symptoms as the original board

Anthony

Do you need any more help with this please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, I will respond to let you know the outcome after the "replacement" board is installed.

OK

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

How is this working out please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The part arrived at the post office at 8:22am today, I will let you know...please wait for me to let you know...
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Unfortunately the second replacement part produces the same problem as the original...I can see the AKAI splashcreen but it is like an x-ray. The z-sustain heat sink is slightly warm but not nearly as warm as the y-sustain heat sink.