Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Left side of my led hdtv is not as bright as right side,

Customer Question

Left side of my led hdtv is not as bright as right side
JA: Just to clarify, what's the HDTV's exact make and model?
Customer: Just a moment
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Samsung model #UN2EH4003F
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No Thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Is it like this if you use another input like a DVD player for example?

How old is the set now please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Like this in tv mode and hdmi mode ps4 2-2 1/2 yrs.

OK the problem is likely to be the t-con board OR the LCD panel itself in these cases its a 50\50 chance its the panel, now if its the panel (screen) that is a no go as the costs would equate to replacing the set, the catch 22 is that the t-con board that drives the panel cannot be checked it can only be replaced to eliminate it , cost of t-con around $80, if you want to do that yourself please let me know I will provide all the info and on-going info necessary for you to do that.

I am sorry this is not something easier, we see LCD panel failure and t-on board failure every day its a flaw of LCD technology.

Let me know please

I know this is not very good news however I still need to be rated positively for me to receive credit from the site thank you, ***** ***** need any more help just ask

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony