Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I had my tv on and then there was no picture or sound. I

Customer Question

I had my tv on and then there was no picture or sound . I tried to get it back on . The red light will come on but no picture or sound.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Was there any storm in area that might caused the problem in TV?

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the issue?

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Did you get above info-request to troubleshoot the problem?

Please do not open fresh question for same issue and reply here to proceed further.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
l had this tv approx. 2 years I got It new. I had the problem today about 5 hours ago. There was no storms today here.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

OK - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I disconnect the tv and cable box to reboot. Still no picture or sound.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there anything else I can try?
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 months ago.

Does the TV screen glow when you turn it on? Does it flash for a split second or is it completely black and stay black? It must light up first before the picture and sound activate. If it does not glow at all, we will likely need to test some DC voltages with a voltmeter. If the screen flashes for a split second, then we take a different approach.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It does not light out, It just stay dark.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 months ago.

Ok, you'll need a voltmeter set to DC volts to find out if the power supply board is being turned on or not.

The picture shows you all the test points you NEED to test. The KEY is you must have ALL the red Voltages when the TV is turned on...and the BLUE voltage is what lights your TV screen. IT turns on when you turn the TV on, but the RED voltages in the picture have to be there or you get nothing. \

IF you look at the plug P201, you'll find the red voltages on the top of the plug, the blue voltage will be on the BOTTOM PIN. If it's there, it should stay on all the time, not come and go quickly. The DRV-ON line must be measured before, during and after you press the power button, same with the PWR-ON PIN. All other voltages should stay on when the TV is turned on. turn off when the TV is turned of.

Check them.