Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have a 70 inch sharp that will not power on, About one and a

Customer Question

Have a 70 inch sharp that will not power on
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About one and a half year
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything even put a new power board and still same thing
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: 2 long flashes and 5 short
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the Sharp if possible?

Also how long have you owned it for and when did the problem occur?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Lc70le757u and I had about year and a half
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Problem occurred about two weeks ago
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sharp tv
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Thanks. What I was asking in the last part- was, were there any storms, power outages, etc. that could have been a catalyst to this issue? The blink code generally points to a hardware fault in the set, which is why I ask.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Yes, I know it's a Sharp TV. Please don't keep posting additional replies as it pushes mine off the screen. Please postback in one reply each time.

What I was asking in the last part- was, were there any storms, power outages, etc. that could have been a catalyst to this issue? The blink code generally points to a hardware fault in the set, which is why I ask.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not that I know of. I just replace power board
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Okay, hang on please. Looking up that code now.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Did you have the exact same blink code before you replaced the power supply board as well?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Same blink. Tryed the rests and same thing black screen
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This TV is on a surge board alone with sat box DVR and everything else is still working
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Okay that is a "Panel Power" failure, and indicates the 12 volt line on the power board is missing or shorted. Or it can also mean that the T-con board, or panel itself has failed. Most people replace the power board for this code, which makes sense as it states "Panel Power", but that is only part of it- that panel power feeds the T-con which in turn produces an image on the screen. So you have two possible causes of this, either the T-con board, or the LED panel. The panel however is not available for resale and costs 80% of the cost of the TV when it was new. So the only shot you have here at trying to fix it is to replace the T-con board for this error code.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is the t con board expensive
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

It's generally not when it's in stock. Most suppliers charge around $50 for it, but nobody is showing that they have any available, or any coming in down the pipeline either. The only source I was able to find the board on is eBay and they are looking for $120 for the part:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-CON-DUNTKF961WE19-B-Original-Sharp-LC70LE757U-/121928695519?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We did notice lines across picture right before it went completely out
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Again this could be a T-con or panel failure (rendering the TV not repairable) and there is no way to know without replacing the T-con board as both a test, and an attempt at a fix. Those lines can be generated by either as well. I'm sorry for the bad news here, but it is a gambit at this point as there is no way to test the panel without the t-con and vise-versa. SO if you're determined to try to get the set fixed, the only solution is to cross your fingers and purchase that t-con board.

If you need further assistance let me know. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

You're welcome. You can also take the part number off of the board at the link and Google to see if any other results pop up. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?