Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Suhdtv un65js9500 small screen comes up on the side of the

Customer Question

Suhdtv un65js9500 small screen comes up on the side of the tv. We do not want it there. It only goes away when we put the tv on mute. This switches sides .it appears on left side of tv for a time then switches to the right. Please help we do not want it on the tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is in the 'inset window', as I would call it?

Or, what content, channel, message, picture(s), are showing up in it?

That will be a clue as to what it is. When we know for sure what it is, we can turn it Off (esp. since it wasn't there forever.)

Let me know, in Reply, please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Explain a little more to me

"Small screen" - what's in it, please?

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok what do you need to know please

I am Opting Out, having been unable to make progress with the case. My apologies... but I can post again to this case, too, if I have further help to offer. Thanks.

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack ,different tech.
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Century link
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

O.k but you do have a cable box and a cable company remote , is that correct ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we have direct tv they cannot help us
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

o.k then direct tv it is

If you turn off the direct tv box (receiver) , does that small screen go away ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry i may not havegiven you thi havent tried it
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Do you have the tv nearby ?

I just want to find out if the direct tv box or the tv itself has turned on what appear to be a close caption text mode box

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a problem. i was told not to go this way by contacting you . So its going to be difficult working with you but i want to try this so the tv is close by
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Not sure i`m following you here when you say " i was told not to go this way by contacting you "

I`m an independent Tv/audio repairman with 40 years experience so i don`t see the problem .

Do you want a phone call instead ?

I believe you asked for it earlier

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Never mind the phone call , please just try what i asked and then i will have an answer for you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
although ive gone against the wishes of the guy i go with that could presnt a problem please call me
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

O.k then as the offer was made to another tech. i will have to re-iniate it from my end so you will have to accept the offer i will send you in a minute

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

If you don`t want that call the please just proceed here

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have already payed that to talk to the other guy. And then i got the answer back that he could not do a live call i dont want to go thru that again and be charged
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

You have not been charged anything yet and you havent paid the other guy , its the same money and it s a deposit

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Now if we do not get down to business like right now then i`m also out of here , i`m a tech.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Try calling me
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

I`m back around if you wish to proceed and please do not ask me about the money matters or anything else , i`m a tech. and i repair tv`s and that`s it

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

I cannot call you or accept the call offer , it is not here to accept , YOU have to accept mine

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi im here
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Did you try what i asked earlier ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I asked him and he says he tried everything. Altho he is unaware im talking to u
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

I`m simply asking for a test and the results of that test PLEASE

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Once you give me an answer to that simple test then i will tell you how to get rid of that box .

Right now i don`t know who is producing that box , the tv or sat. receiver ????

That will tell me , Try it and let me know

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I contacted you after he told me not to. Now i would be in trouble . Its better to leave it for him to deal with . So sorry to have taken up your time
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Who is HIM ????

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Are you in trouble or something ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

o.k then what seems to be the problem about talking to me (us) ?

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Anyway , take your time and if you can answer my question then i should have a solution for you .

I`ll be out for a while now

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I dont have a clue . I suggested it and he said no. I contacted anyway . I shouldnt have . I dont want to prcceed sorry i botgered u . He can figure it out himself.
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

No problem and tell whoever HIM is that i can figure this one out if you or HIM change your mind

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

ok