Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Is thetv thl47et5a a smart tv as I am trying to connect the

Customer Question

is thetv thl47et5a a smart tv as I am trying to connect the tv to it have it on my laptop and phone. if not possible is there away around to connect to the tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This tv is not fully a "smart" tv, in that it does not directly support apps or streaming services like netflix.

It does support DLNA functionality, so if it is on the same wifi connection as a compatible windows laptop for example, you may be able to use some simple functions such as displaying photos on the tv, but you can't fully stream video to it. For that type of function you'd want to connect up an external device like a roku for example: http://amzn.to/294GR8E

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Ron?