Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do I get rid of unwanted ads that pop up on my tv. I

Customer Question

How do I get rid of unwanted ads that pop up on my tv. I installed a Sony blue ray DVD player and even when I disconnected the DVD player, the ads remain on the tv.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, The ads are generated by the TV itself- that is why the DVD player doesn't make a difference when it's disconnected. The TV is in "Store" or DEMO mode, and needs to be put into Home mode. It's the TV's way of "showing off" it's features. Please see the tutorial link below (click on it) to see how to get your Samsung out of Demo mode:

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=168829&modelname=PN50B550T2F

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

You will need the Samsung's original remote control for those steps as well in most cases, so get that handy.

If you need further assistance let me know. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?