Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My tv won't turn on. The power light blinks on and off

Customer Question

My tv won't turn on. The power light blinks on and off green
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

Can you please start by getting me the model number off of the back of the Sharp? Or at least the rough age and screen size?

Additionally, that blinking light- is it in any sort of a pattern (for example: 2 short blinks, pause, 2 long blinks, etc.)? Or is it continuous?

If a pattern please check and count the number of short blinks, then the number of long blinks, and let me know what pattern you have.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.