Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have Viera 40 and can't get rid of "No channel on the

Customer Question

I have Viera 40 and can't get rid of "No channel on the list".I have rescanned as asked but no channels show. Should I be in TV,AV,Hdm1 or Hdm2??
Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, What Input the TV needs to be on completely depends on what device is plugged into the TV that you receive broadcasts on, and what connections on the TV it's plugged into. SO, I could have a Cable Box, and connect it to AV on the TV, or HDMI 1 on the TV, or even HDMI 2. Where I have it plugged into determines what I need to select. I have no way of knowing where yours is connected to. It's easy enough to figure out if you follow the cabling running from your Cable/SAT/Sky (what have you) box to where it plugs into on the back of the TV. Those jacks will actually be labeled what they are (HDMI, AV, etc) respectively.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

This isn't one of those where there's a one shot answer. It will be up to what information you can find out, to help me- help you. Alternatively, sometimes the box needs to be rebooted before it will show a signal on any of those Input selections. So a good reboot would be a first step- by removing the power cord to the box for 10 seconds, then reconnecting it. Give it a minute to start booting up and then use the Panasonic's original remote to select EACH of the TV, AV, HDMI 1, HDMI 2 Inputs- one at a time and see which one gives you any box info/programming on it.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.