Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

LG 42LE5300. ON HDMI 1 the picture only stays few seconds. I

Customer Question

LG 42LE5300. ON HDMI 1 the picture only stays for a few seconds. I have sound. On HDMI 2 (computer hook up) and for DVD picture and sound perfect. Replaced the HDMI cable to no effect.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: no and no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugged for half hour or so. replaced cable. switched to HDMI 3 port
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 3 months ago.

Sorry you are having trouble here

So HDMI 1 (which I assume is a cable or satellite box) has been transferred to HDMI 3 and its OK on there?its just HDMI 1 you are having trouble with?

Let me know if you are having trouble replying back here please?

I can help you with this but only if you reply back please, if you do not understand what I have said please let me know and I will re-phrase thank you, ***** ***** see that you did come back to view thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no the cable tv box hook up ..HDMI 1 does not work when I have switched it to the HDMI 2 or HDMI 3 input and I have also tried a new cable

I am confused here...

So what is connected to HDMI 1?and why would you want it working whilst using HDMI 2 OR 3?