Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

When we turned on the TV this evening we got a CBS channel

Customer Question

When we turned on the TV this evening we got a CBS channel but are unable to change to any other channel. we need help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

How do you get your stations?
Antenna, basic cable, cable/satellite box?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I wanted to chat with an XFINITY technician about trouble shooting. You are not an XFINITY technician??
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

No, this is an independent support site, not part of comcast. Comcast does not provide this type of instant support.

I can help you with the issue, as you've already paid the agreed upon fee to the site, but need the requested details to do so.

Do you have a comcast box connected to the tv?

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed. If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too, just let me know (there is no additional cost to chat). Just let me know either way.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

I simply need to know if you have just basic cable (no box, coax cord straight from wall jack to tv), or if you have a comcast BOX connected to the tv?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
comcast box connected to the tv
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Cancel this whole transaction. Do not bill my credit card! Satisfaction guaranteed and I am not satisfied and do not want to continue. My bank has alerted me about the last charge and will not allow it. I do not want any help from you and you had better not take this money from my credit card. If you've already taken it you better just credit it back NOW or I will turn it in for fraud. This was supposed to be a free trial!!!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Have you cancelled this transaction?
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

I am an independent technician, simply trying to help you. I have no ability to cancel, change, or refund anything.

You have already paid your fee to the site, per the terms that you agreed to.

The 2nd fee was at your request for a phone call.

I was waiting for you to reply with the requested detail about the box.

Your situation is coming from the cable box, which you need to reboot, by unplugging power to it for 60+ seconds.