Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have classic tv and need the directv code to program my

Customer Question

i have classic tv and need the directv code to program my remote
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: it is a directv remote and i cant see the model or make its covered up by the wall bracket
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i tried the 3 number codes
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I can help you with this, but at a minimum I need the brand of the tv, and to have any reasonable chance of success we really need the model number too.

You will likely have to pull it down off the wall, or you can look for the tv manual, or for the model in the tv settings menu.

If you see a model number on the original tv remote, I may be able to work with that as well.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried to find it on the settings cant find it
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Then you will need to either retrieve it off the back of the tv, the remote, or the manual, please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you anyway
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

You're welcome, I wish I could be of more help, but without even basic info, we'd just be guessing here.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

We can keep the question open here until you can get to that info, and just get back in touch when you have a chance.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.