Jason Jones, Customer Service
Experience:  Several years of troubleshooting.

I have a Panasonic TC-P42GT25 plasma tv that has a black

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TC-P42GT25 plasma tv that has a black screen. I get 10 blinks on the power led on the front. When I first turn it on I get a couple loud clicks then nothing but the blink code. The A board was replaced with a new board but I get the same results. What next?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Panasonic is? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: manufactured September 2010. It's been sitting dead now about 2 years and I want to get it fixed. No other troubleshooting other than reading a service guide about the A board possibly being bad.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me where you got that replacement A board from?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
A vendor off internet ( can't remember who). It was listed as a new board.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Well if it was an ebay or amazon purchase for example, I'd be skeptical of the quality, even if listed as new.

But, there are several possible failures that can cause that pattern, the A board is the first check point, but not necessarily the primary cause of it.

Did you actually test any of the power supply voltages?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I haven't checked anything. I have very limited electronics knowledge, but if someone told me exactly what and where to check I could. I did see something where an led should be lit on the SC board, but I don't see anything lit or couldn't even find an led. I do have a good Fluke 77 meter to do testing.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

This error is not a simple board swap, there are a lot of detailed diagnostic checks that will need to be done.

That is beyond what I can do with you here for the initial scope of your question to do a step by step walk through.

I can opt out and perhaps another tech would be willing to guide you through.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there a list of these checks, with what I should be seeing, that is available?
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

The 10 blink code means that the mainboard is faulted. I have replaced more mainboards on tvs than I can count. As long as you can work a screw driver, you shouldn't have any troubles replacing it yourself. However, if you don't fee comfortable doing it yourself, you should bring it into a repair shop. I have given a link to a replacement mainboard for your tv below. When you remove the back side of the TV set, you will see three electronic boards. When you see them and have the replacement part in hand, it will be obvious which board it is.

- Replacement Mainboard for the TC-P42GT25:

I look forward to your rating of my help on the top of this page. If you have any questions about rating me, please let me know. If you have any issues later when you get your hands on the board, please come back here and I will continue with you.

Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page: