Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The stand by timer on my TV keeps blinking red and it will

Customer Question

The stand by timer on my TV keeps blinking red and it will not the TV turn on. It just appeared out of the blue
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It is a sony and I cannot find the model #. It is an older Model. 27" and has an energy star on the front of it. I also has the PIP feature.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Messing with the remotes trying to find the button that would turn it off
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

I'm assuming this is an older Sony Trinitron 27" model- as those had the Timer light.

Now that light is used by Sony to tell us technicians what is wrong with the TV. That said, it will be blinking in a code (for example: 7 blinks, 7 blinks, etc.). Can you please tell me exactly what code you're getting?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need assistance here?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Drop this, and on SS and cannot pay anything!
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***