Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

The picture is washed out

Customer Question

The picture is washed out
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

If you open the TV's own menu , does it also appears "washed out" ?

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Did this problem happen all of sudden or gradually got worse over the last few days/weeks ?

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Use the box below to reply

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is for one of my clients TV. I'm not at his home right now.This is not what I do. I Install sound systems, Lighting control, security cameras, WAP's. I told My client I would see if I could get him an answer. Is it worth the time and money to fix this TV
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

O.k then glad you ask that question and my educated guess is that it has a defective t-con board that cost $50 if you buy it yourself but you still have an 8 years old 720p (not full hd) tv

Then the repair shop would be out of the question cost wise

That money would be better spent on a new tv if you ask me

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that by all means it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your answer
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Wanted to add that this would cost some $200 + in a shop

Pleasure talking to you and please do not forget to rate ( use the stars) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Any questions on this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

If you can`t find the rating system then you can do it verbally by saying something like I rate good or excellent service and that will do