Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My sound died on my Vizio Model 10E550VA. Is there a Sound

Customer Question

My sound died on my Vizio Model 10E550VA. Is there a Sound Bar that might connect to this model and give me my sound back??? I have only "audio out" ports.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.
By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Usually it's the cable box- that's why I gave you those steps first. On the soundbar- let me know your results first and we can talk about that. Also please do not forget to rate my service- as that is how I am paid for working with you.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this? Is the sound still out? Let me know please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried a the steps you sugested--2 times actually, but with no luck. There is also a humming noise coming from the speaker area....? GRRRR! Now what do we do???
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Have you tried a source besides the cable box like a DVD player???