Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Samsung 55 inch TV. Lost my picture. Its connected

Customer Question

I have a Samsung 55 inch TV. Lost my picture. Its connected to a Xnfinity HD box. I change channels and the ID shows on the bottom (channel #/program/time etc) but no picture.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

You mean that you see the program guide from the cable box but not the actual tv show ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

I will have to send you an offer from my side and you will need to accept it before I can give you that call

Here it comes

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

We can also do this in chat mode like now

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Still with me ??

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Here is my answer and I`ll trust you will do the right thing and rate me positively after reading it.

If you can see the channel info , program , time etc. coming from the cable box then your tv is fine , it displays what it receives from the cable box ,its all on the same cable and the cable box is the one not sending the picture so you could try to reboot the box by pulling out its power for a minute .

There is a good chance the reboot will do the trick but if not then contact the cable company and have that box replaced or re-initialed from their end .

Again , your tv doesn`t know the difference between the cable box info or tv show , it simply displays what it receives.

By the way , that $26 fee for the phone call was from the website , not me .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that the rating does not close this post , you can come back at any time if you have questions or need help at a later time .
Thank you