Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My samsung model HLP6163WX/XAA has horizontal lines running

Customer Question

my samsung model HLP6163WX/XAA has horizontal lines running through the picture do you know what that could be. I was told maybe the Color card?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 1 month was going to throw it away
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: had a tv guy come out abd tell me it is not worth fixing
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model # ***** serial number 39763CFXC00878H
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: NO THANK YOU
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Those lines , do they run over the TV's own menu or only when there is a signal /tv show playing ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Own menu
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
As soon as the TV Is turned on the lines appear.
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

O.k then you are looking at a defective DMD formatter board .

This board cost around $100 to buy and it is not what I would recommend as a DIY type of job as it will need to be fine tuned after replacement , you cannot just swap boards here .

Not sure if this was a tech. that gave you that estimate but he might be right in this case , I mean that you may be looking at $300 + to have this repaired so its for you to decide but I would think twice before investing that kind of money into a tv this age

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Any questions on this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , that rating gets me paid for my time.